First Monday of the New Year and I have spent the day home for maybe my first-ever “Snow Day!” With 9″ of snow and bitter temperatures (windchill makes it feel like -40). The high today was -2 degrees, and I have not left the house.
Thinking about the year ahead and wondering if my plans and God’s plans are one in the same. How about you? What are your hopes, dreams and goals for 2014? Have you written them down, yet? Are they: specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-bound? Mine include:
1. Be in the Word every day for at least 15 minutes, meditating on the scriptures another 15 minutes or more … depending on where God leads me.
2. Workout 5 to 6 days a week for 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. Different workouts will require varying time frames and intensity … cardio, strength training, flexibility. Define muscle tone-lose inches. I know I said measurable, but not sure what the loss of inches should be … will know when I see it : )
3. Drink no less than 60 oz of water/day.
4. Continue drinking Shakology daily … so much awesome nutrition!
5. Blog regularly – two to three times a week!
6. Write daily!!
7. Be inspired/inspire others!
Today’s scriptures fed my heart and soul:
- “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield. Your very great reward.” Genesis 15:2
- “Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes’ and your ‘No’ be ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.” Matthew 5: 37
- “But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of the Father in Heaven.” Matthew 5: 44-45
Other nuggets came from Healthy Choices for Women 100 Days of Devotions for Mind, Body and Spirit.
- “Eat to live, don’t live to eat.” Poor Richard’s Almanac
- “Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the master, cheerfully expectant. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder.” Romans 12:11-12 MSG
- “In general, mankind, since the improvement of cookery, eats twice as much as nature requires. Ben Franklin
The New Year is off to a great start! Blessings to you and yours!